Hospice Care Dallas TX | Palliative Care DFW
Palliative Hospice Care Fort Worth, TX:
Is expert pain management, often called "comfort care," that is not curative care.
Hospice Care Dallas, TX:
Is comfort care plus specialized psychological, spiritual and personal care tailored to the individual needs and wants of patients and families facing life-limiting circumstances. Most care is provided during daytime hours, however, Freedom Hospice Care is a 24/7 service and therefore on-call services are provided whenever they are necessary.
Hospice & Palliative Care Services DFW Area | Quality-of-Life Care:
Is another way to say "Freedom Hospice Care" that better captures what we do: we dedicate our multi-disciplinary expertise to help our patients and their families live life to the fullest, in comfort and with dignity, for as long as life can be lived.
If you're reading this, chances are it's a difficult time in your life or the life of a loved one. We understand. Unlike most other hospice websites that are sad and deterministic, we've designed our site to be an informative place where we offer an alternative viewpoint: while the complexities and emotions of life-limiting circumstances are unavoidable, please consider that right now is very likely the most important time in life to focus your energy on making the most of the love you have to give and the quality of life there is yet to live. A focus on love and life-quality is what we find ultimately brings peace, and we call that a Quality-of-Life Focus.
From our experience, a hospice diagnosis may not be what you think. We've found that it's important to understand why anyone started a discussion with you about hospice. At first, this might seem like a bit of technical and financial talk, but read on, the key take-aways have proven very helpful to many patients and families:
- Know that when a physician or caregiver recommends hospice, they're actually recommending an evaluation for hospice eligibility under the guidelines of Medicare and Medicaid (Note: If you have private insurance for hospice or palliative care, or if you intend to pay for care directly, certain Medicare and Medicaid guidelines may not apply. Please contact us to discuss the many Quality-of Life Care options that may be available to you);
- Medicare and Medicaid guidelines attempt to assess whether a patient has more or less than a six month life expectancy if the hospice diagnosis runs its normal course, for the purposes of Medicare or Medicaid reimbursement only;
- Importantly, many patients live for months or years past the expectancy set by the guidelines, therefore a hospice election by an individual or a family is not surrendering and it does not mean that life will end within six months, it only means that the patient is eligible for the benefit under the guidelines;
- Some patients improve substantially on hospice care because we often sort-out many medications that may be causing unpleasant side effects while we add more "skilled eyes" on the patient, creating earlier awareness of changes in condition and as a result, we discharge some patients from hospice for "Extended Prognosis" which means their health has improved so much that they no longer meet the guidelines for hospice;
- Other patients change their minds while on hospice care and "revoke" their hospice election to pursue aggressive treatment - and there is absolutely no penalty for doing so.
- Hospice services are available to, but not used by, many families and patients who do not realize that in almost every case, our services are available to them free of charge. Click here to learn more about your Benefits.
We hope that's helpful information. While we've touched a little on our philosophy and our distinctive approach to our work, we'll go into a little greater detail below about how we distinguish ourselves in meaningful ways, through our Quality-of-Life Care, our No Regrets attitude, our singular focus and our specialized One Staff Protocols.
Our Teams and their "No Regrets" attitude
Unlike many providers, we routinely exceed the minimum levels of care required by law. Under the careful direction of our Physician Medical Director and a patient's physician, our Teams of expert Registered Nurses, Social Workers, Chaplains and Certified Nurses Aides work as an integrated unit to provide physical, emotional and spiritual Quality-of-Life Care to each individual and every family we have the honor to serve.
In fact, we believe our highly experienced Teammates are the only caregivers that abide a "No Regrets" approach to care. No Regrets means that every Teammate is empowered to go above and beyond for every patient to deliver in tangible, meaningful ways that make a difference in the quality of their lives. We've taken capable patients to art museums and the movies, on fishing and casino trips to name just a few. We've even taken a patient and her friends on a hay ride - because that's what mattered most to her. We always try our best to facilitate any reasonable life-changing request.
Our Teams go above and beyond every day so that our patients live with dignity and contentment, to the best of their ability and ours and, so that our days might end with No Regrets. Click here to learn more about our Teammates whom we believe are the best in the business.
We are Family-Oriented, Patient-Driven
We treat every patient and family in the Arlington, Dallas, and Fort Worth Metroplex as our own family. Because that's an easy claim for us to make and we're just getting acquainted with you, you don't need to take our word for it. Instead, please have a look at the real-life testimonials provided by our patients, their families and even other professional caregivers, listed up and down the right side of this screen and if you wish, click here to read more testimonials.
This is our only business
Freedom does not share resources with a Home Health agency, which is a common model. We are narrowly focused on palliative and hospice care. We are among very few innovators in our line of work. In our opinion, staying at the leading edge of thought and science is the only way to ensure we deliver the best possible service in our discipline. Our "One Staff" program as an example, is a purposefully designed protocol and communication regime designed to serve the special needs of our many facility-based patients. Click here to read more about our industry leading One Staff Program.
There's much more information available under the menu tabs at the top of this page. Feel free to explore further using the tools provided here, or if you have questions or you're ready to talk just call (817) 265-0151, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm. If you'd prefer to write us an email, just click on the "Contact" button above or the bold "Click here" line at the bottom of this page. We'll be happy to hear from you either way.
Whether you choose Freedom Hospice's Quality-of-Life Care or you choose another way forward, we wish you the best and we hope you make the most of life there is yet to live.
Freedom Hospice serves the greater Arlington, Grand Prairie, Granbury, Dallas, and Fort Worth area. Intending to grow within Texas and beyond, Freedom is currently licensed in more than one hundred Texas counties.